Monday, May 25, 2009

MATT: ...and voila, you're there.

The plan for the this summer is becoming a bit daunting. In addition to all of the work associated with our project, I am also going to focus on studying for the GMAT and brushing up on my Hebrew. If you have any good suggestions for either, I'd appreciate them.

Tomorrow I leave for London. I spent the evening preparing for my trip. I sprayed all of my clothes with copious amounts of ultra-repellent bug spray (specially made for clothes to last 6 weeks), lined up all of my prophylactic medications, found my converters for all of my electronics and confirmed my emergency evacuation plan with my insurance company. I am really going to Africa ... and I couldn't be more thrilled.

I plan to meet up with friends and family for a few weeks in the UK and Sweden before I get to Nairobi. I am so anxious I can hardly stand it. Something wonderful is going to start this summer and I'm so glad God has chosen this venture for me.

Send me your physical address at mcstol@gmail.com or comment on this post if you want a post card!

PV,

M

1 comment:

  1. Your summer plans seem similar to mine. Albeit, I will be in Berkeley, not Africa, but but I also plan to learn a bit of Portuguese and study for my PhD prelim exams (crossing my fingers). I'm too lazy to find out myself, what is the purpose of this trip?

    Obama still loves you Matt :)

    James F

    ReplyDelete